Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Difference a Few Years Makes

I got to looking at some pictures of myself from a few years ago, and I have to tell you, I see a huge difference. In fact, my own mother nearly didn't recognize me when I posted a picture on facebook a couple of months ago. That says something I think. I haven't seen my mom in four years because I live so far from her, and I've lost a lot of weight since then.



The picture on the left of me was taken at my brother-in-law's wedding in July 2006. I could barely squeeze into a size 42 in men's. I had gained weight like mad at school, and struggled to keep from gaining any more, much less lose any. The picture in the middle is me in October 2006. The picture on the right was taken at Pompei in May 2009. You can see at that point I had lost some weight but it was a struggle to keep it off. I gained back somewhere in the neighborhood of ten to fifteen pounds right after my trip.

This is me today. I wear a 34 in men's.




And I don't have any pictures of me from when I was really heavy. That was before there were digital cameras. I think my mom may have some. I really tried to avoid ever having my picture taken then.

Hubby has lost a lot of weight too, but he forbids me to post any pictures of him LOL We've both lost all this weight, and haven't been hungry to do it. We've also been rather lazy and haven't even worked out. I do need to get motivated into a walking routine again. I think it would help me lose the rest of the weight I need to at a quicker pace, and maybe tone up the backside some ;)

Anyway, as they say, the proof is in the pudding, or in this case, in the pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Tonya. You look great! And I bet you feel better too. I've ditched the grains and lost a pants size myself. Spent the weekend rendering tallow from some grass fed beef fat the local health food store GAVE me. According to the butcher, no one has ever asked for the fat they trim. I trimmed up enough of their New York beef fat to have a breakfast of steak and eggs, (for husband and daughter too). Ground up the rest for the dogs and rendered a fair amount of fat with a few pounds of fat leftover. I put that in the freezer for when I need more. I fried a pork chop in the tallow and thought I'd died and gone to heaven it was so good:-) I love eating this way. My husband likes your gun:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks!

    I do feel so much better eating low carb. I also can't believe people don't want the fat, but hey, free is good! If everyone gets on the band wagon, it won't be free any more... but I could live with that if people were healthier because of it.

    The local meat processor where we get our deer packaged, they also gave the mum-in-law leaf lard from the pigs they slaughtered. That's the coveted type of lard for baking pastries, although we aren't baking pastries typically. No one had ever asked them for it I don't think because we had to explain what it was. We also got offal (beef hearts, kidneys and livers) free from them for our dogs.

    The gun is a replica and belongs to my father-in-law. I asked if he ever shoots it and the mum-in-law said he used to LOL Myself I have a beatiful Model 70 deer rifle, but it isn't hanging on the wall :)

    ReplyDelete